Wednesday, November 6, 2019

B/W to Color Portraits

Welcome to all who come to this happy place!

In my digital media class we have been working in photoshop for about a week and a half now. We are mastering and manipulating the power of color! For our assignment this week, we were tasked with picking a photo of ourselves that we would add new colors to that would change the image! I decided to pick a color with a simple two colored background that had fun shapes. I thought this would best highlight and emphasize the color changes. Once I decided on my photo, I had to put it into photoshop and make it black and white. Once the photo was adapted to black and white, I went to color.adobe.com and picked my favorite color: a nice light turquoise. After I decided on my main color, the website offered me the varying color palettes. The color palettes were in Analogous, Monochromatic, Triad, Complementary, Complex, and Shades. I made the analogous version of my photo first. I used the brush tool to add and remove the colors. Once it was complete I made 5 more copies of it. In the other copies I was able to simply adjust the colors to fit the proper color palette they were in. Below you will find my six different versions of my photo! I hope you enjoy!






Thank you for catching up with me!

See ya real soon!
Carley

No comments:

Post a Comment